Juicing for Skin Health
Posted on August 13 2019
Skin Juice for Glowing Skin!
If you wish to flaunt a beautiful, naturally glowing skin, check out these tips below:
- Juices are best had on an empty stomach for maximum absorption and better benefits
- Avoid adding sugar in the juices. If you want to curb a bitter taste, try adding a dash of honey.
- By blending various juices, you can enjoy the maximum goodness of each fruit at one go.
- Ensure you go for cold-pressed juices to retain complete nutrition
- Avoid canned juices and opt for fresh, homemade drinks.
- Apple juice contains collagen which can enhance the elasticity of the skin and keep it firm and supple. The antioxidants in apple prevent premature ageing of the skin and keep wrinkles and tissue damage at bay.
- Cucumbers and Celery:
- Cucumber’s and Celery is known for its rich water content and Vitamin C which keeps your skin hydrated and nourished, as well as flush out toxins from your body. The silica (a trace mineral) is critical for strong connective tissue, adds a glow to your skin and enhances your natural complexion.
- Kale is a great source of sulfur within the glucosinolates like sulfuraphane and methyl cysteine sulfoxides that are active within this plant. These super-nutrients help to activate detoxifying enzymes in the liver that play an important role in neutralising carcinogenic substances. A healthy strong liver is the foundation for healthy skin!
- Spinach is rich in Vitamins A and C which are great to lighten the skin tone and enhance the complexion. It also has antioxidants like Vitamin E which fight free radicals. It may not be the tastiest, but it does have irreplaceable benefits.
- The acids in lemon juice contain concentrated levels of antioxidants. These flush out toxins and free radicals from your body.
- Detoxing will aid in proper regeneration, which in turn will give you glowing and younger looking skin.
- The Vitamin C found in lemons increases the production of collagen which is responsible for your skin’s elasticity. Collagen production keeps your skin looking tighter and younger.
- It slows down the aging process: Ginger contains gingerol, an antioxidant that protects your skin from free radical damage and prevents accelerated collagen degradation.
- It reduces inflammation: When inflammation is present in the body, it can cause breakouts, premature wrinkles, and dryness. It’s been scientifically proven that ginger reduces inflammation, so having a dose of it every day will help your skin stay glowing and gorgeous!
- It boosts circulation: This helps your cells get more oxygen, which is like giving your skin a breath of fresh air for a more radiant complexion!
- ■3 stalks celery
■1 small cucumber
■1⁄2 bunch of kale
■1 small granny smith apple ■1 lemon
- ■1 inch of ginger
Gather all of the ingredients, clean and chop the produce, run through the juicer and enjoy!
- Juicing fruit and vegetable recipes are endless. Not only is juicing for skin one reason to get juicing, the benefits are endless and your body will thank you for it. Experiment, have you daily morning fix and watch your skin get its glow back!
IF LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS, MAKE SOME KIND OF FRUITY JUICE.